Cauliflower Spread Sandwich Recipe
Ingredients for 4 sandwiches:
1 Cauliflower - around 850g (just the florets)
1 tablespoon (15ml) white wine vinegar
½ teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
½ teaspoon chilli powder
1 pinch black pepper
1 big pinch salt
Red pepper salsa:
- Red peppers
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) balsamic vinegar
- 3-4 tablespoons (50-60ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of salt
- bunch of dill, chopped
- 30-40 leaves baby spinach
- 4 baguettes around 20cm each
- Put the cauliflower florets in a pan with water and a pinch of salt and boil for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, drain the florets, and leave to cool.
- Using a kitchen towel, squeeze any excess water from the cauliflower.
- Using a fork, crush the florets (you can also blend them if you are looking for a smoother consistency).
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well and the cauliflower paste is done (you can adjust the taste with more chilli, salt, pepper - as you like).
- Slice the pepper into fine julienne strips
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok, and when hot, add the pepper and fry, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, reduce the heat to medium. Add salt, pepper, sugar and balsamic vinegar, mix and continue to cook gently for 1 more minute.
- Finally add the dill and mix
- Slice the baguettes longitudinally, spread 1 tablespoon of mayo on the bottom half and spread a single layer of spinach leaves over that. Then spoon on a generous portion of the cauliflower paste, followed by a big spoonful of the red pepper salsa, and finally decorate with dill.
Sandwiches are ready, enjoy!
You can store the cauliflower paste for 3-4 days in the fridge.Recipe and credits by IG @lorek.zediu FB @Chef.Lorek